Pre-enrolment commences in early October. If you are continuing your study next year in either semester, you are required to pre-enrol in the units of study you wish to undertake no later than:

End of October - On paper, in person
  • Students who cannot pre-enrol via their MyUni accounts can submit a pre-enrolment form at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences before the deadline. After pre-enrolment commences, paper forms will be available to download from the University Student Administration webpage.
  • Pre-enrolment forms need to be submitted in the following cases:
  • Currently enrolled Honours students who are continuing with Honours in the following year
  • Diploma of Arts, Diploma of Social Sciences and Diploma of Language Studies students
  • Currently enrolled Bachelor of Arts (Advanced) (Honours) students
Early November - MyUni online (recommended for most students)

Students having problems with enrolment on the web should:

  1. check the up-to-date units of study to find the problem
  2. check their degree requirements in the Faculty Handbooks to find the problem
  3. pre-enrol on paper if online pre-enrolment is still not possible

NB: Students will notice that the paper pre-enrolment deadline is before the online pre-enrolment deadline. Students are advised not to wait until after the paper pre-enrolment deadline has passed before trying to pre-enrol - if you are able to pre-enrol via MyUni, you may do so from the beginning of October.

Late Pre-Enrolment

If you miss the formal deadline for pre-enrolment you must attend the student services counter at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.

When your Pre-Enrolment is Unsuccessful

You will be notified by email to your University email address that you have failed to pre-enrol and are required to enrol in person on a date and time designated by the Faculty.

If you do not attempt to pre-enrol you will not be notified, and will need to contact the Faculty to arrange a time to enrol in person.


Students who have had a suspension (leave of absence for a semester or two), or unsuccessful pre-enrollers will need to apply to the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences to re-enrol.

Re-Enrolment application forms can be downloaded form the Faculty Student Administration Manual.

Enrolment Variations

Continuing students should access their MyUni account to make variations to their enrolment. If you experience difficulty in making variations, you must fill out a Variation of Enrolment Form and submit it to the student counter at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.

Please note: enrolment variations to withdraw from units of study cannot be made after the HECS Census dates.