Non-Award Study


If you would like to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest, but do not intend to count the study towards a degree, you can apply for non-award study (sometimes known as non-degree study).

Admission as a non-award student is assessed on an individual basis, and permission is required from the department offering the unit.

Undergraduate units of study offered by the Faculty are listed under Table A of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Table of units of study. Postgraduate units of study are listed in the units of study of the Postgraduate handbook. These units are available as non-award study, provided departmental permission is granted.

Further information regarding how to apply, fees and application deadlines can be found on 'Sydney Courses' for Undergraduate non-award study and Postgraduate non-award study.

See also