Every student at the University is automatically issued with an email address for the duration of their enrolment.
All correspondence from the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and the University will be sent to the university email address. Any application or correspondence sent to the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences regarding a student's candidature must be sent from your university email address. Failure to do so may cause delays in the processing of a request.
Steps to follow
- Once the student has successfully enrolled, they will be issued with a UniKey account. A crucial element of this account is email.
- Further information on student email accounts can be found on the University's Sydney Mail webpages.
- It is essential that students regularly check their University mail box for official University or Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences communications and respond as directed.
- If the auto-forward function is used from the University mail box to another account, evidence of delivery to the University mail box will be taken as evidence of receipt. To set up this function please visit the forwarding options on Sydney mail page.
- If a student decides to suspend their studies for a semester or two they may not be able to log in to their email through MyUni. If this is the case they may still access their Sydney University email account. Please check the Sydney Mail website for further details. This could be particularly important when it comes time to re-enrol after a suspension.