Transfer Between Undergraduate Degrees
Please note: this page is for students wishing to transfer their undergraduate degrees. This information does not relate to postgraduate coursework study.
Steps to apply
Table of transfers - where to apply
You can apply directly to the Faculty to transfer to a new award course in the following circumstances;
- From a combined award course to a single award course administered by the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- From a specialist degree (see guidelines for a list of courses) offered by the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences to a Bachelor of Arts
- From one combined Laws course to another combined Laws course
In all other cases, if you would like to change your course, you need to make an application through the Universities Admission Centre (UAC) for local students or through The University of Sydney’s Sydney Courses for International Students.
If you apply to UAC after completing 48 credit points of study your ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank) may have changed as a result of the marks you have achieved during your studies at University.
Please read the Faculty guidelines for information on transfers, including applying to transfer existing credit. The guidelines can be downloaded from the Forms and documents section, in the top right hand corner of this page.
- You must apply to transfer between undergraduate award courses before the last day to add units of study for the current semester, or after the release of results for following semesters.
- Submit an application through your Sydney Student portal in myUni.
PLEASE NOTE: Credit will not be granted for units that do not fit within the resolutions of your new degree or award course.
Example 1: students moving from a combined Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws degree to a single Bachelor of Arts degree are unable to transfer credit for the Law units of study.
Example 2: students changing their degree from Bachelor of International and Global Studies to a Bachelor of Arts will not be able to take the core (INGS) International and Global Studies units of study and any International Business units to their new degree.
This table explains which degree transfer requests can be processed internally, and which requests require a new application through UAC.
You can also view this table as a pdf document