Current PGR Students
This page contains useful information for currently enrolled Postgraduate Research Students in the School of Economics.
Information for future students, including helpful links to the application process, can be found here
Postgraduate Admin Manual
The following manual has been developed by the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and covers all aspects associated with postgraduate research within the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
* FASS Postgraduate Research Administration Manual
For students enrolled under the Business School, contact the Business School Research Unit
Postgraduate Research Forms
All the forms needed for your Postgraduate Research Candidature with the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences can be found here: Forms
Resources for PGR students
PG ARC: The Postgraduate Arts Research Centres (PGARCs) provide physical resources and a stimulating research environment for research students in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Sydney.
CAPS - Counselling and Psychological Services:
CAPS run a number of very useful workshops throughout the semester, such as: Working with Your Thesis Supervisor; The Process of Getting a Journal Article Published; Writing a Thesis Proposal; & Oral Presentation & Discussion Skills. CAPS also has some self-help e-books grouped in three sections:"Study Issues", "Lifestyle Issues" and "Well-being Concerns".
Visit: Counselling and Psychological Services
Library Guides: http://libguides.library.usyd.edu.au/economics?hs=a
SCHOLARSHIPS & OTHER FUNDING SOURCES:
- PRSS: Postgraduate Research Support Scheme
- GRANTS IN AID: http://sydney.edu.au/scholarships/research/gia.shtml
- JASON (Joint Academic Scholarship Online Network): JASON is a postgraduate scholarships search engine. You can search for opportunities and subscribe to an email list.
- RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP DATABASE: Search the Research Scholarship Database for funding opportunities
- SCHOLARSHIPS OFFICE: Visit the Scholarships Office for information on funding and scholarship options, including Grants in Aid, APA/UPA scholarships, Overeseas Scholarships and more.