Dr Stephen Whelan
Postgraduate Research Coordinator (Economics)
H04 - Merewether Building
The University of Sydney
Stephen Whelan received his PhD from the University of British Columbia in 2003. His PhD thesis examined the use of social welfare programs in Canada and their impact on labour market outcomes. Stephen's main areas of interest are social policy and their impact on labour market outcomes. Presently, Stephen is examining the effect of housing assistance measures on labour market behaviour in Australia with the support of a grant from the Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute. Collaborative research with Anu Rammohan is considering the effect of child care assistance on the employment decisions of women and their implications for retirement income.
- Applied Econometrics and Labour Economics
- Applied economics
- Labour economics
- Public policy
- Social policy
- House prices and consumer spending; Yates J, Whelan S; AHURI/Research Grant.
- Housing assistance and non-shelter outcomes (Stage 3, Project 2); Whelan S; Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute Ltd/AHURI Project Grants.
- Housing assistance and non-shelter outcomes (Stage 3, Project A1); Whelan S; Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute Ltd/AHURI Project Grants.
- An analysis of the determinants of the labor market activities of housing assistance recipients; Whelan S; Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute Ltd/Research Grant.
Selected publicationsAn error occurred when trying to display this profile. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. If this error persists, please report this to the ICT Helpdesk though the Self Service Portal or on 9351 6000.
Error Code: APO Webservice is down, API: getBookSellingLinks Arguments: array ( 'in0' => '1026185', ). Error Fetching http headers