Dr Bruce Gardiner
PhD Prin BA
+61 2 9351 6857
Room S321, John Woolley Building (A20)
Current and Enduring Interests
- Education and erudition: bibliography, quotation, citation, and plagiarism; the history of expository and ratiocinative English prose.
- Literature and Scripture; reading, reverie, and dreaming; surrealism, psychoanalysis, and phenomenology.
- Poetry and poetics, medieval to contemporary: literary thematics; regional and local traditions; the poetics of prose; ut pictura poesis; and voice and image in poetry and communications technologies.
- American literatures: Meso-American, Native American, African American, and Caribbean; and the literary traditions of New York State, New England, New Mexico, and the Tidewater South.
- Literature and royal courts (in England, France, and Japan), literary households (Romantic and Victorian), avant-gardes (Decadent and Modernist), and cities (New York and New Orleans).