Units of Study

FRNC3684 - Récits de vie: Life Writing in French

Semester 2, 2014  |  Credit Points: 6

Coordinator: Sonia Wilson
Phone: +61 2 9036 6125
Email: sonia.wilson@sydney.edu.au

Description

Our life stories are never wholly our own. This course will focus on the various ways in which recent French life writing explores the boundaries between self and other, the individual and the collective, the personal and the social. Students will be familiarised with the development of autobiographical writing in France and introduced to recent autobiographical theory. They will be encouraged to dialogue with both autobiographical and theoretical texts through discussion and written exercises.

Assessments

1x15min class presentation (2000wd equivalent) (30%), 3xshort written exercises (1000wd equivalent total) (20%), 1xresearch essay (equivalent to 3000wds in English) (50%)

Classes

1x1-hr lecture/week, 1x1-hr tutorial/week

Prerequisites

FRNC2633 and 12 credit points from (FRNC2644, FRNC2651, FRNC2655, FRN2656, FRNC2657, FRNC2671, FRNC2675, FRNC2680, FRNC2681, FRNC2688, FRNC2691, FRNC2692, FRNC2693)

Prohibitions

FRNC3811

 Wednesday

  10am 11am 12pm 1pm 2pm 3pm 4pm 5pm

FRNC3684

     

Seminar

     

The information displayed above is indicative only as online information is subject to change without notice. The Faculty Handbook and the University of Sydney Calendar are the official legal source of information relating to study at the University of Sydney