The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences International Exchange Scholarships
The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences International Exchange Scholarships scheme assists students enrolled in undergraduate degree programs with travel, insurance, living and other costs associated with studying overseas for one semester on an approved program.
Each Scholarship is worth $1,000AUD. The frequency and number of awards is dependent upon the availability of funding, which is principally sourced from generous gifts received from alumni and other donors.
Previous Scholarship Recipients
Click here for Samantha's experience in France
Click here for Coralie's experience in Japan
Click here for Jackson's experience in the U.S.A
The final date for submission for use in Semester 1, 2013 is: 5.00pm 30 November 2012
Please download the following application form to apply
Eligibility and Preference Criteria
- Eligibility is confined to students who are enrolled in undergraduate degree programs offered by the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, who are accepted to study overseas on formal University of Sydney Exchange Programs.
- Scholarships will be awarded at the discretion of the selection committee on the basis of merit.
- The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences reserves the right to specify destination regions or countries for which applications will be prioritised, based upon either (i) Faculty strategic priorities, or (ii) donor preferences. In 2013, priority will be given to students applying for exchange places in Asia (China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore). Priority areas will be reviewed on an annual basis.
Scholarships cannot be awarded more than once to the same student. They can, however, be held in conjunction with other funding – from the University of Sydney or other institutions – to support the study abroad period. Scholarships can be used to contribute towards airfares, travel insurance, accommodation, living and other costs directly related to the overseas study.
- A student applying for a scholarship must be enrolled at the overseas institution for a minimum of one semester and will normally be expected to enrol in the equivalent of 24 credit points at the overseas institution.
- The Academic record of the applicant should demonstrate successful completion of studies to date. Only students with an average grade of 70% and above will be deemed eligible to apply for this award.
Forward your application to:
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Student Services Office, Attention ‘International Exchange Scholarships’
Lobby H, The Quadrangle, Building A14
University of Sydney NSW 2006
Tel: 9351 6673
For more information on other scholarship available in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences CLICK HERE