Units of Study
Units in Gender and Cultural Studies majors
- For a full list of units of study offered in the Cultural Studies major please see the Undergraduate Handbook here
- For a full list of units of study offered in the Gender Studies major please see the Undergraduate Handbook here
GCST4011 - Cultural Studies Honours A
Semester 1, 2011 | Credit Points: 12
Coordinator: Melissa Claire Gregg
The Honours program in Cultural Studies consists of:
1. a thesis written under the supervision of one or more members of academic staff
2. one seminar that meets weekly for 3 hours for one semester and two seminars that meet weekly for 2 hours for one semester
3. non-assessable participation in an Honours "mini-conference" that runs for half a day early in semester 2.
The thesis should be of 15,000 words in length. Each seminar requires 6,000 words of written work or its equivalent.
The thesis is worth 40% of the final Honours mark and each of the seminars is worth 20%.
The following seminars are on offer in 2011:
Arguing the Point (Dr Melissa Gregg) (Sem 1)
Philosophy in the Feminine (Sem 1)
Sport, Media and Gendered Cultures (Sem 1)
Modernism, Modernity and Modern Culture (Dr Natalya Lust) (Sem 2))
Identity, Place and Culture (Prof Meaghan Morris) (Sem 2)
For more information, contact Dr Melissa Gregg, Honours coordinator.
a thesis of 15000 words and 6000 words of written work or its equivalent for each seminar
one class of 2-3hrs/week for each seminar
Credit average in 48 senior credit points of Cultural Studies, including GCST2601 (or WMST2001)
A timetable is not available for this session.
Please refer to the list of Units of Study on the left-hand menu to view the units on offer for the relevant academic year.
The information displayed above is indicative only as online information is subject to change without notice. The Faculty Handbook and the University of Sydney Calendar are the official legal source of information relating to study at the University of Sydney