BA (Jerusalem), MA (Sydney), Dip.Ed (Sydney)
Modern Hebrew Lecturer and program coordinator
Room 625, Mungo MacCallum
+61 2 9351 4829
Yona Gilead is the Malka Einhorn Modern Hebrew Program Coordinator and Lecturer at the department of Hebrew, Biblical and Jewish Studies, School of Languages and Cultures.
- Sociocultural theories of second/foreign language (L2) learning/teaching;
- Methodology of L2 learning and teaching;
- Modern Hebrew language-learning processes and behaviours.
- Language-learning behaviour, development and performance, mediated by the learning environment: a case study of Modern Hebrew at the University of Sydney.
- Beyond the classroom: WebCT and learning Modern Hebrew. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 22(3), 416-438. 2006.
- Resource for Modern Hebrew learning and teaching (in Hebrew, Pitoa’h atar WebCT ce’emtza’i ezer lelimod Ivrit Modernit), 2006.
- 'Revival strategies: Modern Hebrew, the University of Sydney', in G. Wigglesworth (ed.), Proceedings of the Marking Our Difference Conference, 2003, School of Languages, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, pp. 54-66. 2004.
- Creating a positive Jewish identity: The case of Hebrew Teacher education in Sydney, Australia. 2003.
- Modern Hebrew.
- 2006: 'Access to Hebrew in the Media through Online Learning' Continuing Workshop on University Teaching of Hebrew language: Hebrew in the Cinema, Theatre and Mass Media, 9-13 July 2006, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- 2003: 'Revival Strategies - Modern Hebrew, the University of Sydney: Marking Our Differences'. A conference on language education in Australian and New Zealand Universities, October 1-3 2003, The University of Melbourne.
- 2002: 'How to Develop Effective Educational Change: Modern Hebrew teaching and Learning in Sydney, Australia'. International Conference on the Hebrew language, Rothberg International School, Division of Hebrew language Instruction, The Hebrew University, June 23-24 2002, Israel.
- 'Creating a Positive Jewish Identity: The case of Hebrew Teacher Education'. The Fourth International Conference on Teacher Education, Teacher Education as A Social Mission: A key to the Future, June 23-27 2002, Israel.
- 2000: 'The University of Sydney Assessment Policy for Hebrew Language Teaching'. Continuing Workshop on University Teaching of Hebrew language: Assessment of Hebrew language Teaching, 2-6 July 2000, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- 1999: 'Dilemmas of Teaching Modern Hebrew on the ‘Edge of the Diaspora'.
Continuing Workshop on University Teaching of Hebrew Language: Normative Usage in Teaching Hebrew: Pros and Cons, 4-8 July 1999, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.