History Department Response to Student Feedback
HSTY2004 - Making Australia 1880-1930 (2002)
Unit Coordinators: Dr Penny Russell and Dr Kirsten Mckenzie
Approval ratings for this course was very strong with 87% of students expressing overall satisfaction. Students described their experience in some of the following ways:
- I’ve learnt a lot and its been great to explore the process of modernity in Australian history.
On the Staff
- Communication from teacher to student was excellent!
- Felt staff were very well prepared, flexible and supportive. They were always willing to answer questions.
- The staff were fab!
- The enthusiasm which the lecturers had was definitely infectious. I enjoyed this course thoroughly.
- Lecturers seemed very enthusiastic in their course which made it an enjoyable course to undertake. I enjoyed the sense of humour that both the lecturers sometimes indulged in.
On the Research Essay
- I liked having to choose your own topic for the major essay. This way, you could choose what interested you and this made the essay an enjoyable activity rather than something you dreaded.
- The research essay was an extremely effective and enlightening experience.
- Our tutorial group was friendly and fun and we all got involved in discussions.
- Our tute group rocked!!
- All skills were utilised and tasks set were very well assessed. Tutor feedback was fantastic - detailed and promptly returned emails aided research and learning.
- The tutor ran the tutorial superbly - she got nearly everyone to contribute and was obviously passionate about the subject matter she taught.