History Department Response to Student Feedback
HSTY2606 - China in the Nineteenth Century (2009)
Unit Coordinator: Prof. John Wong
Students of ‘HSTY2606 China in the 19th Century’ in Semester 1 of 2009 responded enthusiastically to the teaching and rose heroically to the challenge. In response to the USE question "This unit of study helped me develop valuable graduate attributes," a total of 89% of the students strongly agreed or agreed.
In response to the USE question "This unit of study encouraged/stimulated my thinking and helped to develop an enhanced diversity of ideas, attitudes and approaches to and beyond the subject matter," a total of 84% of the students strongly agreed or agreed.
Herewith some student comments:
- Everything was clearly outlined in terms of what was expected for the presentations, assessments, etc.
- His methods provided me with the opportunity for a thoroughly needed attitude shift towards my studies – Thank you.
- Fine subject matter tempered with real world examples and life skills. High standards demanded a response from me as a student.
- Extensive email correspondence aided in good communication between students and the teacher.
- Interesting content, flexibility with essay, fresh teaching approach, heated historical debates in class.
- I was humbled by Professor Wong’s intellect and inspired by his passion and his knowledge.
- John Wong is a very caring lecturer who has students’ wishes at heart.
- Great subject. Great Wong. Will definitely be doing more Chinese History.
- Dr Wong would have to be my favourite lecturer, his way of teaching helps us, not just in university but also prepare us for life after university. Thank you, Dr John Y. Wong. You have shown and taught me skills that I shall never forget. I recommend all History students to take this class.