Ms Lenore Lyons
PhD (Griffith), BA. Hons. (Griffith)
A18 - Brennan MacCallum Building
The University of Sydney
Professor Lyons is internationally recognised as the leading scholar on the feminist movement in Singapore. She also maintains a long-standing research collaboration with Associate Professor Michele Ford on the Riau Islands of Indonesia, and migrant labour activism in Southeast Asia. Before Professor Lyons’ appointment as Honorary Professor to the University of Sydney, she was Research Professor in Asian Studies at the University of Western Australia (2009-2011) and Director of the ARC Key Centre for Asia Pacific Social Transformation Studies (CAPSTRANS) at the University of Wollongong (2005-2009).
- Feminism and Women's Activism in Singapore
- Migrant worker organizing in Singapore and Malaysia
- The Singapore-Kepulauan Riau (Kepri) Borderlands
- Professor Lyons is currently completing work on anti-trafficking initiatives and labour migration in Southeast Asia.
- Professor Lyons is the Editor of the Asian Studies Association of Australia’s Women in Asia Publication Series (Routledge).
Error Code: APO Webservice is down, API: getResearchSupervisor Arguments: array ( 'in0' => '1110783', ). Error Fetching http headers