Dr Tiffany Tsao
PhD (University of California, Berkeley), BA (Wellesley College)
Tiffany Tsao received her PhD in English from the University of California, Berkeley in 2009. She was employed at a postdoctoral fellow at the Georgia Institute of Technology for one year before moving to Australia in 2011, where she was granted an honorary associateship in the Indonesian Studies Department at the University of Sydney.
- 19th and 20th century British literature.
- Colonial British texts on the Malay Archipelago.
- Modern Indonesian literature and culture.
- Contemporary East Kalimantan literature.
Academic Peer-Reviewed Articles:
- “A Matter of Postcolonial Life and Death: A Comparative Study of Emily Brontë’s Wuthering Heights and Ayu Utami’s Saman.” Comparative Literature (Accepted August 2012. Forthcoming.)
- “The Tyranny of Purpose: Religion and Biotechnology in Ishiguro’s Never Let Me Go.” Literature and Theology 26.2 (2012): 214-232.
- “The Evolution of Java-Men and Revolutionaries: A Fresh Look at Pramoedya Ananta Toer’s Buru Quartet.” Southeast Asia Research 20.1 (2012): 103-131.
- “Paradise Observed: Taxonomic Perspective in Alfred Russel Wallace’s The Malay Archipelago.” The Australasian Journal of Victorian Studies 15, no. 2 (2010): 28-41.
- “Conrad and Exploratory Science.” The Conradian. 33, no. 1 (2008): 43-56.
- “Trapped in Fiction: The Problem of Original Identity in Naipaul’s The Mimic Men.” Literary London: Interdisciplinary Studies in the Representation of London. 3, no. 1 (2005): n. page. Web.
Non Peer-Reviewed Articles:
- Tsao, Tiffany. “Far from Provincial: Contemporary Literature in East Kalimantan.” Asian Currents 85 (2012).
- Tsao, Tiffany. “Love the Mall, Love the Earth.” Inside Indonesia 108 (2012).
- Tsao, Tiffany. “Keen Eye for the Insect.” American Entomologist. 54, no. 1 (2008): 14-15. Pt. 3 of a series, Librarian, There’s a Fly in my Book!, begun 2005.
- Tsao, Tiffany. “Sympathy for the Weevil.” American Entomologist. 53, no. 2 (2007): 73. Part. 2 of a series, Librarian, There’s a Fly in my Book!, begun 2005.
- Tsao, Tiffany. “The Inscrutable Insect.” American Entomologist. 51, no. 4 (2005): 198-199.: Pt. 1 of a series, Librarian, There’s a Fly in my Book!
- Contributor to the Routledge Annotated Bibliography of English Studies (Area: 19th Century Literature)