Italian Government Lecturer
Room 647, Brennan MacCallum A18
+61 2 9036 7194
Antonella Beconi received her degree at the University of Pisa in Italy, and completed a number of courses in Germany and the UK, in numerous foreign academic institutions such as the FreiUniversitaet in Berlin and the Universitaet in Rostock (Germany), and the Edinburgh School of English Studies (UK). She holds teaching qualifications for German, Italian and English language and culture.
She has taught Italian for foreigners for many years through the Dante Alighieri Association and Benedict schools. As Italian Government Lecturer she has taught Italian language and culture at the Ovidius University in Costanta (Romania).
She has worked in many different countries (e.g. Germany, Malta, Turkey and China) and has a strong interest in intercultural communication. She has been involved in the organization of several cultural activities, including art exhibitions. From 1997 to 2001 she was the editor of the literary magazine “Sinopia”.
- Language teaching
- Surrealism in German literature (“Theater and other works of Ivan Goll”)
- The demonic origin of the carnival
- Serafino Beconi a cura di Gianfranco Bruno. Erga edizioni, Genova
- Collaborates with the Italian community newspapers “La Fiamma”
by writing cultural articles.
- Language at all levels
- Contemporary Italian culture
- Convenor of “ Inservice for teachers of Italian language”, 7-14 April 2009, University of Ovidius, Costanta (RO)
- Convenor of the seminar “Italian literature through the Renaissance painting”, 7-14 March 2010, University of Ovidius, Costanta (RO)
- Talk on “Gli studenti italiani a Constanta” – At the one-day event on “Le giornate dello studente straniero”, 3-4 June 2009, Ovidius University , Costanta (RO)
- Talk for “Italian Studies Seminar Series” about: L’origine demoniaca del Carnevale/The Demonic Origin of Carnival, University of Sydney, 24 May 2012
- Convenor of Esami CELI – International certification of the Italian language – at the University of Ovidius, Constanta (RO)
- On the occasion of the 150th anniversary of Italian unification, on behalf of the Italian Consulate in Sydney the Italian Government Lecturer, Dott. Antonella Beconi, presented a talk on “The Mask and the Carnival” at the Commedia dell’Arte Day, held Saturday 26 February at Leichhardt Town Hall.