Dott. Paola Marmini
Laurea in Lingue e letterature Straniere Moderne (BA Hons)(Univ. of Bologna, Italy), MPhil (Sydney)
Rm 722, MacCallum/Brennan Building (A18)
Telephone: +61 2 9351 6893
Fax +61 2 9351 4757
I have always been involved in and often in charge of the language acquisition courses in the Department of Italian studies, devising their format, researching their aims, objectives and outcomes, producing appropriate teaching materials for both the face-to-face and the online class.
This work has been supported by ongoing observation and research in the acquisition of Italian as a second language and has led me, more recently, to become interested in the T and L potential of online activities in order to develop students’ motivation, to enhance exposure to linguistic and cultural input, and to provide more interaction and more varied learning opportunities to suit all learning styles.
- Applied Linguistics
- Teaching Methodologies
- Action Research
- Second Language Acquisition
- Italian Linguistics
- Action research in the e-learning area, with particular focus on online group work: students’ attitudes and tasks aiming at enhancing both individual learning and effective group discussion
- Re-organising the aural-oral component/materials for our intermediate level UoS, in order to maximaze time end efficiency in T and L terms.
Facciamo italiano (HRW)
Livello intermedio (Bonacci Ed.)
Comunicando s’impara (Bonacci Ed.)
- “Croce e delizia of online enhanced teaching at beginners’ level” on Synergy, issue 21 June 2005
- Language at all levels
- Second Language Acquisition (ITLN 3686)
- ACIS Conference: Italia Globale: le altre Italie e l’Italia altrove. Treviso
(30 June-2 July, 2005). Paper: “E-learning is more than a new way of doing the old thing” (Downes, 2003). Ma sarà vero?”
- 2006, 2007
Workshop on ‘La Certificazione dell’italiano’ for teachers and students of Italian,