Units of Study
MGRK2601 - Senior Modern Greek 1
Semester 1, 2012 | Credit Points: 6
Coordinator: Panayota Nazou
The core of this unit is practical language segments aimed particularly at developing skills of listening, speaking and writing. It also provides introductory lectures on the history and culture of speakers of Greek in the post-classical world. Political and social developments described in lectures will be linked to the reading of texts; some in Greek, illustrating how Greek culture and literature have reacted to historical change and ideological repositioning.
2x tests (equivalent to 800wd total) (20%), 3x quizzes equivalent to 400wd total) (10%), 5x compositions (equivalent to 1200wd total) (30%), 2x oral presentations (equivalent to 400wd total) (10%), 1x oral test (equivalent to 400wd) (10%), 1x1hr exam (equivalent to 1000wd) (20%)
Supplied through the department.
2x1-hr language tutorials/week, 2x1-hr practicals/week commencing week 2
MGRK1102 or MGRK1602
A timetable is not available for this session.
Please refer to the list of Units of Study on the left-hand menu to view the units on offer for the relevant academic year.
The information displayed above is indicative only as online information is subject to change without notice. The Faculty Handbook and the University of Sydney Calendar are the official legal source of information relating to study at the University of Sydney
If unsure which units to enrol in, see the program overview.