Units of Study
MGRK2676 - New Testament Greek and its World B
Semester 1, 2012 | Credit Points: 6
Coordinator: Vrasidas Karalis
Phone: +61 2 9351 7252
This unit examines the language, the world and the ideas of the New Testament based mainly on the structural analysis of its Epistles. It explores the language forms and the value systems contained in these texts through studying the linguistic layers determining their reception and interpretation. Tutorials are dedicated to the language itself whereas lectures are exclusively focused to the semantic (theological, philosophical and psychological) analysis of texts.
1x2000wd essay (60%), other written assignments (equivalent to 1000wd) (20%), 1x class presentation (equivalent to 1000wd) (20%)
1x1-hr lecture/week, 2x1-hr tutorials/week
12 junior credit points in any subject
As part of the 2014 curriculum review this unit of study has been replaced by MGRK3606. This unit of study will not be offered again.
A timetable is not available for this session.
Please refer to the list of Units of Study on the left-hand menu to view the units on offer for the relevant academic year.
The information displayed above is indicative only as online information is subject to change without notice. The Faculty Handbook and the University of Sydney Calendar are the official legal source of information relating to study at the University of Sydney
In addition to the core language studies units, the undergraduate program includes other units of study that deal with cultural and literary themes and translation. The following is a list of units that are currently offered on rotation each year.
- MGRK2603 Style and Expression
- MGRK2604 Comparison of Greek and English
- MGRK2605 Theory and Practice of Translation B
- MGRK2606 Varieties and Registers
- MGRK2609 Theory and Practice of Translation A
- MGRK2621 Greek Modernism
- MGRK2622 The Other Road to Greek Modernity
- MGRK2631 Cultural Identities
- MGRK2633 Social Norms/Stereotypes in Greek Cinema
- MGRK2652 Politics and Politicians in Greece
- MGRK2653 Sex, Drugs and Music in Modern Greece
- MGRK2655 Modern Greek Art
- MGRK2657 Greece and the European Imaginary
- MGRK2675 New Testament Greek and its World A
- MGRK2676 New Testament Greek and its World B
- MGRK2682 Sports and Contemporary Culture
- MGRK2691 Sociolinguistics in the Greek Diaspora
- MGRK3692 Theories of Literature