Dr Tom Dougherty
Room S408 Quadrangle A14
+61 2 9036 6015
Tom Dougherty completed his PhD at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He has wide-ranging interests in Moral and Political Philosophy, including obligations to help people in need, the ethics of consent and the ethical dimensions to tense and time. Before coming to Sydney, Tom was a post-doctoral scholar at the Center for Ethics in Society at Stanford University.
- "Rational Numbers," Philosophical Quarterly, forthcoming
- "Sex, Lies and Consent," Ethics, forthcoming.
- "Vague Value," Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, forthcoming.
- "Agent-Neutral Deontology," Philosophical Studies, forthcoming.
- "On Whether To Prefer Pain to Pass," Ethics 121 3 (2011): 521-537.
- Teaching: History of Ethics (PHIL 2612).