Faculty in the Media
Faculty in the Media - 30 October 2013
- Professor Geoff Gallop on former politicians working in academia, The Australian.
- Professor Iain McCalman on the history of the Great Barrier Reef, ABC Radio National Breakfast.
- Emeritus Professor Elizabeth Webby on Australian novelist Elizabeth Jolley, The Conversation.
Faculty in the Media - 29 October 2013
- Professor Gerard Goggin on a Perth high school principal’s decision to ban mobile phones, The Sydney Morning Herald.
- Professor Iain McCalman on his new book 'The Reef', ABC Classic FM with Margaret Throsby.
- The faculty's Indonesian program mentioned in an article on languages, The Australian.
Faculty in the Media - 28 October 2013
- PhD candidate Rosie Findlay op-ed on the importance of fashion in everyday life, The Conversation.
- Dr David Smith on the final stages of Obamacare in the US, ABC Radio National’s Weekend Extra program.
- Dr Prudence Black op-ed on the use of glamour in Virgin Australia's image, The Conversation. The Conversation.
- Professor John Keane op-ed on Wikileaks, The Conversation.
- Dr Nicole Hemmer op-ed on the US debt crisis, The Conversation.
Faculty in the Media - 25 October 2013
- The PARADISEC project preserving Pacific cultural traditions featured on the Australia Network Newsline and ABC Radio Australia.
- Dr Tim Anderson on Cuba opting out of its two currency system, ABC Radio National's Drive program.
- Dr David Smith op-ed on the US debt crisis at the Tea Party movement, The Conversation.
Faculty in the Media - 24 October 2013
- Associate Professor Richard White on the Touring the Past exhibition, ABC Radio National's Drive Program.
- Dr Bruce Isaacs op-ed on the rise of convergence entertainment, The Conversation.
Faculty in the Media - 21 October 2013
- Professor Kerry Brown op-ed on the challenges for China to create a world-class education system, China Daily Asia online.
- Master of Economics student Matheus Yeo profiled in a story on the US Studies Centre’s study and internship programs, Australian Financial Review.
- US Studies Centre researcher Luke Freedman op-ed on the post-shutdown state of US politics, The Conversation.
Faculty in the Media - 18 October 2013
- US Studies Centre Researcher Tom Switzer on the US debt crisis, Bloomberg Newsweek.
- US Studies Centre associate Jonathan Bradley published an op-ed on the US debt crisis, SBS online.
Faculty in the Media - 15 October 2013
Faculty in the Media - 8 October 2013
- Bachelor of International and Global Studies student Lucy Peschardt on Australia's HSC exam system, The Sydney Morning Herald
- Dr Jordi McKenzie on the impact of file-sharing on music sales, The Conversation
- Professor Kerry Brown on the cancellation of Obama's trip to China, The Washington Post
- Professor Kerry Brown on Hong Kong's political future, China Daily
- Professor Bates Gill on the effects of the US government issues on the balance of power in the Asia-Pacific region, The Australian
Faculty in the Media - 3 October 2013
- Amro Ali on Egypt's chief Islamist group, Atlantic Council
- Professor Dianna Kenny on the depression , anxiety and pain suffered by classical musicians, Sky News.
- Adjunct Associate Professor John Lee on the conviction and sentencing of Bo Xilai, The Business Spectator.
- Dr David Smith on the US government shut down, The Conversation