Faculty in the Media
Faculty in the Media - 30 September 2013
Faculty in the Media - 26 September 2013
- PhD candidate Elisabeth Kramer on Indonesia's complicated visa process, The Australian.
- Professor Kerry Brown, on the fall of Bo Xilai, South China Morning Post
Faculty in the Media - 23 September 2013
- Professor Geoff Gallop on the importance of Australian foreign aid, The Conversation.
- Professor John Keane on economic and political decline in Europe, The Conversation.
Faculty in the Media - 20 September 2013
- Adjunct Associate Professor John Lee on Chinese direct investment in Australia, The Business Spectator.
- Dr Lesley Beaumont and Professor Margaret Miller on the archaeological site of Zagora in Greece, The Australian
- Associate Professor Michele Ford on why some Indonesians only have one name, The International Business Times.
Faculty in the Media - 19 September 2013
Faculty in the Media - 17 September 2013
- Master of Film Studies alumna and filmmaker Haifaa Al Mansour on her new film Wadjda, The Sydney Morning Herald.
- Adjunct Professor Richard Broinowski on Japan switching off its last working nuclear reactor, ABC Radio National Drive.
Faculty in the Media - 16 September 2013
- Dr Agnieszka Tymula on her research showing monkeys understand basic economic risks, Nature World News.
- Our new Master of Art Curating and Master of Museum and Heritage Studies included in list of new 2014 courses, The Weekend Australian.
- Dr Mark Melatos on the faculty's five new master's degrees keeping pace with industry demands, The Weekend Australian.
- Professor Geoff Gallop mentioned in a report on former politicians who work at universities, The Sydney Morning Herald.
- Anthony Albanese mentioned as a graduate of Economics at the University, The Australian Financial Review.
- Alumnus Daniel Stacey on changes to Fisher Library and the future of universities, Daily Life.
- Professor Adrian Vickers on the Netherlands’ formal apology to Indonesia for executions carried out under colonial rule, SBS Radio.
- Professor John Keane on the role of democracy in the current crisis in Syria, The Conversation.
- Dr Jim Elmslie op-ed on what the West Papua ‘Freedom Flotilla’ heading from Australia to Indonesia will mean for Australia-Indonesia relations, The Conversation.
Faculty in the Media - 13 September 2013
- Dr Agnieszka Tymula on her research into monkeys and economic risk-taking, Bloomberg.
- Professor Graeme Gill on the reasons behind Russia's initiative in Syria, ABC Radio National's The World Today.
- Dr Michael Ondaatje on progress in the US civil rights movement, ABC Radio National's Religion and Ethics Report.
ABC Radio National’s Religion and Ethics Report interviewed Dr Michael Ondaatje, US Studies Centre, on progress in the US civil rights movement and the 50th anniversary of the Birmingham church bombing.
Faculty in the Media - 12 September 2013
- Dr Agnieszka Tymula on her research into monkeys and economic decision-making, Daily Mail UK, Salon, Quartz, and Phys.org.
- Associate Professor Rodney Smith on the as-yet undecided sixth senate seat in NSW, The Australian Financial Review.
- Emeritus Professor Rod Tiffen on why the LNP Coalition defeated Labor in the federal election, Voice of America.
- Associate Professor Richard White on the Touring the past exhibition at the Macleay Museum, Central Magazine.
- Dr David Smith op-ed on Barack Obama’s Syria strategy, The Conversation.
Faculty in the Media - 11 September 2013
- Dr Agnieszka Tymula on her research showing wealth levels inlfuence risk-taking amongst rhesus monkeys, ABC Science Online, Quartz, and Phys.org.
- Professor John Keane on whether democracy can survive a disappearing middle class, ABC Radio National's Big Ideas.
- Professor Colm Harmon on what the road ahead looks like for Tony Abbott, Channel NewsAsia.
Faculty in the Media - 10 September 2013
- Arts/Law alumnus Daniel Stacey op-ed in defence of philosophy, Daily Life.
- Associate Professor Rodney Smith on ABC's Vote Compass, ABC TV’s Midday Report.
- Dr Peter Chen on media regulation and anti-Labor sentiments in the election campaign, ABC News 24.
- Dr Adam Lockyer on the crisis in Syria, ABC News 24.
Faculty in the Media - 9 September 2013
- D Peter Chen op-ed on expectations of an Abbott Government, ABC’s the Drum online.
- Associate Professor Graham White, op-ed on the economic debates of the federal election campaign, The Conversation.
Faculty in the Media - 6 September 2013
- Dr Grant Bollmer on social Media etiquette, The Sydney Morning Herald.
- Opposition Leader Tony Abbott's involvement in disputes over the teaching of Economics at the University of Sydney mentioned in Kitchen Cabinet, and in an ABC feature.
Faculty in the Media - 4 September 2013
- Professor Colm Harmon op-ed on economic debate in the federal election campaign, The Conversation.
- Associate Professor Gaby Ramia op-ed on regulations to improve international students’ wellbeing, The Australian.
- Emeritus Professor Rod Tiffin on the likelihood of a Labor comeback, PolitiFact and Sydney Morning Herald.
- Honorary Professor Sheila Fitzpatrick on her memoir A Spy in the Archives, ABC’s Conversations with Richard Fidler.
- Professor Frank Stilwell on the Political Economy years, ABC Radio National's Hindsight program.
- Dr Michael Spence and Professor Kerry Brown op-ed on the lack of China dialogue in the election, The Canberra Times.
Faculty in the Media - 3 September 2013
- Our postgraduate media students on the campaign trail, The Australian.
- Dr Michael Walsh on uncovering previously unknown Yolngu words from the papers of Matthew Flinders, The Guardian Australia and ABC News.
- Dr Stuart Rosewarne book review of the text ‘Big Coal’, The Conversation.
- Dr Adam Lockyer on the Syrian crisis, 6PR radio.