North Australia Research Unit, Darwin
13–15 September 2013
- Anne Clarke and Ursula Frederick: ‘Encounters with a new land: marking presence, place and passage at the North Head Quarantine Station, Sydney’
Spotlight: The Quarantine Project[4 April 2014]
‘Spotlight’ is intended to showcase the collaborative projects occurring within and beyond the Department of History. Rather than presenting outcomes, the focus is on research methods and questions driving work in progress.
Monash Indigenous Centre, Monash University, Melbourne
6 September 2013
- Ursula Frederick: ‘Marking Presence, Place and Passage: the archaeology of historical inscriptions’
- Peter Hobbins: 'Dreadnoughts and disease: colonial defence, quarantine and citizenship'
- Peta Longhurst: 'Confinement and Contagion: Quarantine as institutional confinement'
- Annie Clarke: ‘Encounters with a new land: historical inscriptions as an archaeology of contact’
Canberra Archaeological Society/Centre for Archaeological Research Public Lecture[11 September 2013]
Australian National University, Canberra
21 August 2013
- Ursula Frederick: ‘The Historic Inscriptions at the North Head Quarantine Station, Sydney’