Associate Professor Ian Young
PhD (Sydney), BA (Sydney)
Associate Professor, Chair of Department
A18 - Brennan MacCallum Building
The University of Sydney
Ian Young has been teaching Classical Hebrew and Biblical Studies in the department since 1989.
- language of the Hebrew Bible, especially linguistic dating of biblical books;
- textual criticism of the Hebrew Bible;
- canonization of the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament.
- Daniel and Jewish apocalyptic writings
Teaching and supervision
- Hebrew Bible and related texts (e.g. Dead Sea Scrolls, inscriptions);
- Other Northwest Semitic languages (e.g. Phoenician);
- Biblical Studies.
- Language and Text of the Hebrew Bible.
- Daniel and Jewish apocalyptic writings.
A Textual and Linguistic Commentary on the Book of Daniel.
Error Code: APO Webservice is down, API: getPublishingActiveAuthor Arguments: array ( 'in0' => '1001503', ). Error Fetching http headers