The School of Philosophical and Historical Inquiry (SOPHI) is part of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. SOPHI is made up of the Departments of Archaeology, Classics and Ancient History, Gender and Cultural Studies, History and Philosophy.
We are keen to keep in contact with alumni and friends, and offer a wide range of events and programs, as well as study tours, with the School. Find out more by visiting the links below:
- Archaeology and Ancient History Activities (ACAHA@Sydney)
ACAHA@Sydney provides information about events, conferences, courses and excavation opportunities of interest to teachers of Ancient History, Archaeology and Classics; and
- Centre for Classical and Near Eastern Studies of Australia (CANESSA).
CANESSA is a collaborative venture which co-locates
- Australian Archaeological Institute at Athens (AAIA), with projects from
- The Departments of Archaeology
- The Department of and Classics and Ancient History
- Near Eastern Archaeology Foundation (NEAF),
as well as the publishing Mediterranean Archaeology. The Centre also houses the significant library and archival holdings of all the above bodies. (Visitors are invited to use the Centre's facilities by appointment).