Postgraduate student travel information

As a currently enrolled student at the University of Sydney, you are covered by the University's travel insurance policy when:

  • The travel is formally approved by the University and related to your candidature, and
  • Your University-related travel arrangements have been approved by your supervisor and Head of School prior to departure to ensure that you are covered.

To have your travel arrangements approved you will need to submit a SOPHI Travel Notification form.

Travel notification form for SOPHI postgraduates

Please note that the University's travel insurance does not cover you for any extended private travel you take before, during or after the approved University activity nor does the University cover accompanying spouse/partner or dependents. You will need to consider taking out your own travel insurance for this.

For details please refer to the University's travel policy for students