If you are considering starting a degree in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences in March 2013, you'll find lots of important information you need to know here.
Arts Start has details about the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, and about courses and resources available to you as a prospective student or a parent of a prospective student. There is also advice on what to do:
- before you get your offer-with important dates, ATAR, and course information and advice, and
- after you get your offer-including how to accept your offer and how to enrol.
For more general information about studying at the University, visit the main University of Sydney START website
Non-year 12 Applicants
If you are a non-year 12 applicant, you still apply for entry to university through the University Admissions Centre. For more information please see the UAC website.
This applies to you if:
- you did not attempt an Australian Year 12 qualification or International Baccalaureate (IB) in Australia in 2012
- you are attempting a Queensland Year 12 external student qualification, or a New Zealand National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) Level 3 qualification
- you received an offer through UAC last year and were granted a deferment.
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Scholarships: There are several Faculty scholarships available throughout your degree. Click here for information on Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Scholarships.
- University of Sydney Scholarships: A range of merit and equity scholarships are available to prospective and current students. A full list of scholarship options is available at the Scholarships Office website.