This page will be updated frequently to answer the common questions new students have.
Twitter: If you have a question, please feel free to tweet us with the hastag: #usydarts

Who do I contact?

Contact our Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Student Services team on +61 2 9351 6673 or via email at:

Undergraduate: .

When do I enrol?

Semester 1 2014 enrolment dates are available here.

Where do I enrol?

In MacLaurin Hall. Access to MacLaurin Hall is available through the Quadrangle. Directions to the Quadrangle is available in the following online map.

When you arrive at the Quadrangle, access to MacLaurin Hall is adjacent to the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Office and up two flights of stairs. The hall is also accessible via a lift located on the ground floor to the right of the entrance.

More information is available here.

I can’t come to Uni on my designated enrolment day. What should I do?

Please refer to the following information.

I am coming to enrol. What do I need to bring with me?

For comprehensive information, please refer to the New Enrolments page.

Do I need to pay on enrolment day?

No. Please see further information under Fees and Costs.

How do I plan my studies or choose my subjects?

The Faculty will send you a link to a Faculty Enrolment Planner website closer to your enrolment to assist you with making your academic choices.
You may also like to refer to the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Handbook for further information.

I didn’t get the offer I wanted or was expecting. What do I do now?

You should accept the offer you were given. However, if you receive a different offer in the Late or Final Rounds, you will need to notify the Faculty in writing that you wish to withdraw from the first course you enrolled in and enrol as instructed in your second offer.

If you have not received the offer you want at the end of the Final Round, you should stay enrolled in your current course providing you are still happy to continue with studying that course. You may apply to transfer to your chosen course through UAC for Semester 2 2014. Transfers are however not guaranteed. If seeking to transfer, we strongly recommend you chose subjects in 2014 that you likely to enjoy, which will allow you to have a more positive academic experience, hopefully improving your chances of transferring into your preferred degree.

I’ve studied at another university. Can I transfer my credit points to my new degree?

You may apply for credit in circumstances where your previous studies meet the required criteria. The Faculty will access all students who have previous studies to confirm if you are eligible for credit prior to enrolment, and will contact you separately via email with further instructions. Students, who do not receive this email but believe they may still be eligible to apply for credit, can discuss this further with the Faculty’s Credit Officer on the day of your enrolment.

Do I have to choose units of study on the day I enrol?

Yes, you must choose your units of study for the full academic year , which includes both Semesters 1 and 2 in 2014. Academic advisors for the various degrees will be available in MacLaurin Hall during enrolment to help you finalise your academic choices.

Refer to the important dates for dates on when you can change or vary your units of study.

How do I get my timetable?

You will be able to access your timetable online at the MyUni website from mid- February. Go to the MyUni website and log in using the instructions you will be given on enrolment day. It is important to note that the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences does not administer the timetabling system. If you need to vary your timetable, you first will be able to do so through MyUni. If you are unable to make the necessary changes through MyUni, you will need to read through the instructions provided on the MyUni website to seek further assistance.