Short Cuts 1: Quick Talks by Film Addicts
A series of five quirky and engaging talks by film buffs. We’ve invited five obsessive cinephiles to give a short 15 minute talk about a subject close to their hearts. Come meet them, and join in the conversation. Get set for a stimulating cocktail of academic insights, film trivia and impassioned discourse: shaken, not stirred. Featuring:
- Kim Wilkins - "A Vodka Martini....or, a Heineken? The Glorious Role of Product Placement in Films"
- Sophia Davidson Gluyas - "Moving The Pictures – Re-Queering Australian cinema"
- Dr Bruce Isaacs - "Vertigo: The Greatest Film Ever Made?"
- Wyatt Moss-Wellington - "Storytelling and Cinema: Why Do We Do It?"
- Lee Launay - "We are Hollywood! or; How I learnt to quit bitching, and love the Machine."
Curated and presented by The Yeah Sessions.
Event info: Short Cuts 1: Quick Talks By Film Addicts"
Date: Friday 7 June,
Time: 8:00-10:00 PM
Venue: Theatrette, Sydney Film Festival Hub @ Lower Town Hall, 483 George Street (enter on Druitt Street).
Cost: Free, no bookings