Arts Assessment: Practices, Information, Resources
Assessment is at the heart of student learning. In the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, teachers are encouraged to reflect on and renew their assessment practices regularly, and to design and share successful approaches.
For assessment design, strategies, marking templates, effective feedback strategies and other advice, you are welcome to visit our resources area:
The Arts Assessment Resources area is designed for Arts but can be accessed via unikey by all University of Sydney staff. Here you will find exemplary and innovative practices used by teachers in Arts, as well as information and advice about assessment. These resources are for academic staff at all levels: from unit coordinators and tutors to chairs of department.
We thank our colleagues in Arts for contributing their assessment resources to this site for the benefit of all staff and students.
General assessment information for staff and students:
- In line with the recommendation of the University of Sydney's Academic Board, the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences favours a standards referenced approach to the assessment of and for student learning. For more advice, Arts staff can visit FAQs in Arts Assessment Resources, or download the Faculty's scaling policy and memo from the Results Processing System.
- About standards-referenced assessment in Arts
- How can students learn about 'standards'?
- Interpretations of Grades
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Results Processing System
- University of Sydney Assessment Policy