Each year, the Faculty elects eight students as Faculty Representatives. This is made up of six undergraduate students, one postgraduate coursework student, and one postgraduate research student.
Nominations take place in August each year, and elections (if required) take place in September. The term of office is from 1 January to 31 December.
Faculty Reps meet twice a semester with the Dean in the Student Advisory Committee and attend other Faculty-level committees that have a direct bearing on the student experience. Any student studying in a degree in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences may nominate for the role.
Questions may be directed to the .
Eligibility to stand and vote in the election
- Undergraduate election
To be qualified to stand and to vote in the election of undergraduate student members of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, a student must be enrolled as a candidate for a degree of bachelor or for an undergraduate diploma in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
- Postgraduate election
To be qualified to stand and to vote in the election of postgraduate student members of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, a student must be enrolled as a full-time postgraduate student for a postgraduate degree or diploma in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
- Each nomination of a candidate must be forwarded on the nomination form to reach Returning Officer (Elections), Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Student Services Counter, Quadrangle (A14), not later than 4.00 pm on 18 August 2014.
- Each nomination form must be signed by at least two qualified voters and must be signed by the candidate consenting to the nomination.
- The names of candidates nominated will be posted daily on the Faculty or College or Board of Studies administration office noticeboard on each of the five working days prior to the day for close of nominations.
- Nomination forms are available from the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Student Services Counter during normal working hours, or from this website when available.
How to nominate
- During the nomination period, download the three files from the box on the right-hand side of this webpage.
- Read the Notice of Election document.
- Fill out the Nomination Form and have it signed by two nominators who are eligible to vote in the election.
- Fill out the Candidate Information Sheet.
- Take the Nomination Form and the Candidate Information Sheet to the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Student Services Counter in the Quadrangle before the deadline.