WRIT units are designed to help all writers strengthen their academic writing and are open to all students across the University.
We currently provide four units of study at the undergraduate level. WRIT1000 and WRIT1001 are our two junior-level units. WRIT1000 focuses on developing your writing style at the sentence and paragraph level and WRIT1001 explores writing in academic environments. WRIT2002 and ENGL2652 are our two senior-level units. WRIT2002 focuses on developing advanced research abilities and ENGL2652 traces the development of modern theories of rhetoric from the classical to the contemporary.
Our writing courses will equip you with the abilities you need for writing situations both in university and in the workplace. Our expert teaching and networked workshops connect you with a global network of students, researchers and resources.
- Learn how to communicate clearly and effectively through critical reading, thinking, and writing
- Develop your writing style by applying rhetorical principles to sentence and paragraph structures
- Engage in reflective writing and peer review
- Learn how to use rhetoric to analyse written and visual texts
- Develop a cross-cultural perspective on writing
- Work intensively on the elements of an academic essay
- Cultivate intensive and effective research and reporting practices
- Discover, produce, and deliver effective arguments
- Engage in critical thinking about multimodal writing
- Investigate the key arguments that have transformed Australian society
- Analyse historical and popular texts that have shaped Australian identity
- Practise writing for different social and ethical purposes
Units of Study
No Unit of Study found.
The information displayed above is indicative only as online information is subject to change without notice. The Faculty Handbook and the University of Sydney Calendar are the official legal source of information relating to study at the University of Sydney