Guidelines for taking University equipment to a private residence
- The Head of the Department must have given prior approval for the person concerned to take the equipment home.
- A record must be kept by the Department concerned of:-
a) description of the equipment, including brand and serial number(s);
b) address to which equipment is being taken;
c) period or periods during which equipment will be at the private residence, including "from time to time throughout semester" if that is the case; and
d) name of person responsible for equipment whilst off campus.
- When not in use whilst off campus the equipment must be kept in a secure location.
- The University's Asset No. labels must be on all IT equipment.
- Valuable data should be saved separate from equipment, e.g. by backing up data on flash memory or CD/DVD.
- Whilst in transit to the private residence, the equipment should not be left in an unlocked/unattended vehicle.
- Persons taking equipment off campus should be reminded that all reasonable precautions must be taken to prevent loss, destruction or damage to the University's property.