INSURANCE FOR STUDENTS ON WORK EXPERIENCE OR PLACEMENT
The University maintains a personal accident policy for all undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The policy provides cover whilst the student is engaged in Campus/Course/University related activities and/or practical placement or community placement activities including the necessary domestic direct travel to and from such activities, including:
- activities that are a course requirement or are sanctioned by the Dean of the Faculty, authorised officer for the Faculty, or Head of Department concerned; or
- students who are not employees or workers of the organisation they are placed with for the purposes of Workers' Compensation legislation.
In summary this policy covers:
- Death and capital benefits
- Weekly injury benefits
- Home tutorial benefit
- Injury assistance benefit
- Limited medical expenses (only those not claimable on Medicare)