Staff travel insurance
The University's travel insurance policy provides cover to:
on University business authorised by the relevant authority, i.e. Head of School/Faculty, Director, or Dean.
University insurance policy information for staff & volunteers
Please read the staff travel insurance summary to see what's covered:
The maximum duration of any trip covered by the policy is 365 days. Audit and Risk Management should be advised 10 days prior to departure of more than 270 days of travel.
Travel insurance provided by The University of Sydney only covers the traveller. It is the traveller's responsibility to arrange insurance associated with:
- Accompanying spouse, partner, or family (including children).
- Any associated holiday or personal travel.
- You need to arrange any additional travel insurance prior to leaving Australia as it is not possible to arrange cover once you are overseas.
If you have any questions, contact the University’s Insurance Officer or call 9351 4127.
Are you tavelling to these countries?
These countries are subject to sanctions issued by the Australian, US and UN Governments. If you are travelling to these countries, please contact our office to discuss your options.
If the traveller has pre-existing medical conditions a letter from the treating doctor should be supplied to Audit and Risk Management advising of:
- Details of the condition
- Management of the condition
- Suitability for overseas travel
- Does not cover routine medical procedures (e.g. checkups)
- Does not cover loss or damage to personal effects (there must be evidence of theft)
When making a claim, the claimant must provide evidence that the items were stolen (police report, statutory declaration) as travel insurance does not cover lost or misplaced items