There are a few guidelines you should keep in mind when creating links in your blog posts:
- Create a hyperlink that works, don't just type in the URL.
- Use a descriptive label that indicates where the link goes.
- Do not use 'click here' or the URL itself as a label (see #5 of our writing for the web tips).
To create a link in Movable Type:
- Get the URL for the site to which you are linking
- Enter the text for the link label
- Highlight the entire text by selecting it
- Click the link button in the toolbar at the top of the post entry box (it looks like a chain)
- Enter the URL into the pop-up box and click ok.
The toolbar feature of Movable Type does not appear if you are using Safari.
TO create a link in Safari use the following html code:
<a href="URL of link">Link Label</a>
<a href="http://sydney.edu.au">University of Sydney</a>