Policies governing blogs
The views expressed on all blogs are those of the respective authors and not those of the University of Sydney.
Use of the blogs system is covered by the following University policies.
- Use of University Information and Communication Technology Resources (ICT Resources) Policy (PDF 66.1KB)
- Public Comment Policy (PDF 1.8MB)
- Code of Conduct: Staff and Affiliates (PDF 74.8KB)
- Code of Conduct for Students (PDF 52.7KB)
Blogs comment policy
Comments are very welcome on University blogs. The way in which comments are handled is up to individual blog owners, but there are some guidelines which all commenters should follow:
- Comments should not include swearing or profanity
- Personal attacks against bloggers or other commenters will not be tolerated
- Comments should not be defamatory or libelous
- All commenters must supply a genuine email address. This will not be published.
- Blog owners reserve the right to edit or delete comments that do not adhere to the guidelines above.
- Some blog owners may choose to moderate all comments before they appear on their blog.
- A spam filter operates on all blogs. Sometimes genuine comments may get incorrectly marked as spam, especially if they contain a number of links. If this occurs please try to be patient, your comment will be approved when the blog owner reviews the spam.
- If you want to get in touch with a blog writer, please look up the author's name in the Staff directory to find their contact details.