The Institute’s Governing Committee supports the development of culture, practices and processes appropriate to the objectives of a sustainable translational, cross-faculty, interdisciplinary research institute as an approved Centre under the University’s Centres’ Policy.
The Governing Committee is chaired by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor of Research and includes the Deans from the faculties of Medicine, Health Sciences, Science, and Nursing and Midwifery, as well as the Institute Director and Chief Operating Officer, an external member, and an elected BMRI staff representative.
- Professor Jill Trewhella, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), Chairman
- Professor Bruce Robinson (Dean, Sydney Medical School)
- Professor Kathryn Refshauge (Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences)
- Professor Trevor Hambley (Dean, Faculty of Science)
- Profesor Jill White (Dean, Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery)
- Professor Ian Hickie (Executive Director, BMRI)
- Mr Michael Milne (Chief Operating Officer, BMRI)