This sub-committee of the Management Committee was established to make recommendations to the Brain and Mind Research Institute (BMRI) Management Committee about investment of infrastructure-related funds.
Its mission is to help develop a world-class research infrastructure environment that enables BMRI investigators to achieve their goals.
- Associate Professor Michael Valenzuela (Chair)
- Professor Bernard Balleine
- Professor Stewart Einfeld
- Professor Nick Glozier
- Professor Manuel Graeber
- Dr Marie-Claude Grégoire (ANSTO)
- Professor Ian Hickie
- Associate Professor Jim Lagopoulos
- Associate Professor Simon Lewis
- Professor Steven Meikle
- Mr Michael Milne
- Associate Professor Sharon Naismith
Terms of reference
- Infrastructure strategy should align with overall BMRI Strategy, USYD strategy, Clinical Research Strategy, Education & Training Strategy.
- Target research infrastructure and associated technical expertise that supports major BMRI research themes/platforms/programs.
- Support should benefit several BMRI research groups (the more the greater the merit) rather than any single researcher.
- Recognise that highly expert technical support is as important to productive use of infrastructure as hardware.