All projects to make use of this facility must have biological, radiological and ethical approval prior to commencement.
The project coordinator assigned to your project will assess your project to determine what ethical approvals or licensing requirements apply. The project coordinator will also assist you to attain the correct regulatory approvals, which may come from the University of Sydney, your institution, or both.
Standard research data management policies and procedures are followed, including:
- Ownership of copyright and other intellectual property
- Ethical requirements, including privacy, confidentiality and cultural sensitivity
- The length of time for which data must be kept, how and by whom it will be archived, disposed of, or destroyed, at the end of the retention period
- Secure storage and controlled access
- Documentation and metadata so that it can be found, used and managed beyond the end of the project