Make a donation
The Brain and Mind Research Institute (BMRI) works to alleviate the suffering caused by brain and mind disorders.
Make a gift online today.
Our activity is cross-disciplinary and spans four broad but highly integrated areas: Research, Translation, Teaching and Patient care.
Either in the laboratory, in clinics or on the street we are always looking for new and better ways to treat or prevent brain and mind disorders.
We work tirelessly to see our discoveries put into policy and practice.
We train promising students and professionals from around the world to make a lasting impact on mental healthcare.
Through our clinics we see clients who are at the coal-face of brain and mind disorders.
In the last 12 months:
- 20,000 Australians were diagnosed with a mental illness
- 6 million Australians experienced symptoms of a mental disorder
- 20,000 clients attended clinics at the BMRI
- 1200 young people received help at headspace for the first time
- 200 researchers were actively focussing on mental and neurological disorders
- 100 students received world-class training
- 25 PhD and Masters graduates entered the workforce as multi-disciplinary trained mental health professionals
- 167 scientific discoveries were made by BMRI scientists, published in peer-reviewed publications