headspace team enters triathlon fundraiser
A team of mental health professionals and staff from BMRI headspace Central Sydney and headspace Campbelltown is competing in a triathlon to raise funds for youth mental health.
Six teams of three people made up of psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, nurses, occupational therapist, GPs, researchers and administrators, will swim, ride and run around the Sydney Opera House on Sunday 29 April.
The Brain and Mind Research Institute is the lead agency for headspace Central Sydney and headspace Campbelltown.
A close collaboration of BMRI researchers with mental health practitioners and patients enables innovative studies into youth mental health and provides patients with rapid access to new developments in the treatment of mental health.
How you can help us make a difference
100% of every dollar you donate goes directly to giving a young person the help they need to get back on their feet and fulfill their potential.
- Your donation now of just $10 is enough to pay for 100 fact sheets on mental health that provide young people with the information they need to find suitable health services.
- A generous donation of $35 allows us to carry out an intake interview that gives one young person access to mental health services.
- Your extremely generous donation of $100 could be used to pay for a young person to participate in an exercise therapy program, such as tennis, to complement clinical services.
Your support means that we can continue providing vital services to young people across Australia.
All it takes is $10.
Make a donation now via our secure online donation page.
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation, funded by Australian Government, Department of Health and Ageing under the Youth Mental Health Initiative Program.
Demand for services means that every dollar you donate goes towards helping a young person who is going through a tough time.
Young people aged 12-25 can get health advice, support and information from headspace. headspace centres have a range of youth friendly health professionals with centers all around Australia, headspace can help with:
- General health
- Mental health and counseling
- Education, employment and other services
- Alcohol and other drug services
- Mental Health hotline: 1800 511 011
- Lifeline: 131 114
- Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800
Alternatively please go to your nearest Public Hospital Emergency Department. In an emergency call 000.
headspace is making a difference where it is needed most - our young people.