The Discipline of Accounting at the University of Sydney is one of only two accounting educators in Australia to be accredited by AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) - the world's largest and longest-standing accounting accrediting agency.
Benefits of accreditation
The continuing benefits of AACSB accreditation for the Discipline include:
- enhanced national and international recognition and strategic advantage;
- further access to, and facilitation of, international benchmarking and networking;
- enhanced outcomes and innovation in teaching and learning, research and scholarship;
- assurance of quality to prospective students, employers and other stakeholders; and
- maintenance of our rigorous program of strategic development and continuous improvement.
AACSB and Assurance of Learning (AoL)
AACSB principles of accountability and continuous improvement support the AoL processes in the Discipline. To maintain our AACSB accreditation, the Discipline is making good progress towards the AoL processes being implemented and run at least twice in all programs by the next maintenance visit in 2014.