University of Sydney Business School Alumni
The University of Sydney Business School believes that our alumni are one of the School's richest assets. Placed around the world, our alumni continue to enjoy all of the benefits of their education, from the richness of their individual experiences of campus life to the rewards of being an integral part of the international network of the University of Sydney.
That is why we encourage all of our alumni to stay in touch with the Business School, and remain engaged in the ongoing teaching, research and industry-based initiatives that the Business School offers.
By being a part of our alumni community, you can meet fellow graduates, reconnect with former classmates and develop your Australian and international business networks.
The Business School provides a range of avenues for ongoing engagement for our alumni, through local and international events such as Connect Over Cocktails, business networking opportunities or simply by receiving the Business School's alumni magazine, Sydney Business Connect.
Provided we have your up-to-date contact details, you automatically receive, Sydney Business Connect, SAM, the quarterly Sydney Alumni Magazine and eSydney, the University's monthly alumni e-newsletter.
The Business School encourages all of our alumni to explore your options for remaining engaged with us. We are committed to providing a world-class school that continues the proud Sydney business tradition, and we look forward to working with you to help us achieve our goals.
Recent Business School Alumni Achievements
- The University of Sydney Business Alumni Network was officially launched at an inaugural AGM and Launch Reception on Thursday 19 September 2013 at the University of Sydney Business School's CBD Campus. The Network's Charter was adopted and the first President and Executive Committee were elected.
- Business School alumna, Ms Belinda Hutchinson, AM (BEc '76), was appointed as Chancellor of the University of Sydney.
- Two Business School alumni were named as Young Australian of the Year finalists for their respective states in 2013 - for NSW, Mr Corey Payne (BCom '07 MCom current) and for the ACT, Ms Julie McKay (EMBA '11).
- A total of 14 Business School alumni were honoured within the Australia Day and Queens Birthday Honours listings for 2013.
- The Business School won two of the 2013 University of Sydney Alumni Awards:
- Alumni Award for Professional Achievement: Emeritus Professor Jeremy Davis AM (BEc '64)
- Young Alumni Award for Achievement: Ms Julie McKay (EMBA '11), Executive Director, Australian National Committee for UN Women.
- Two Business School alumni were listed as finalists in the 2013 Australia China Alumni Awards:
- Ms Yong Zeng (MBA '01), Managing Consultant & General Manager, BESTalent Search Consulting Co Ltd - Finalist for Australia China Alumni Award for Entrepreneurship.
- Mr Chun Ling Zhang (MMktg '11), Country Senior Marketing Director, Microsoft MSN China - Finalist for the Australia China Alumni Award for
- 12 Business School graduations were held in 2013 featuring alumni/industry partners as occasional address speakers:
- Adjunct Professor Hugh Harley (BEc '84 LLB '86) Financial Services Leader, PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Professor Hans Hendrischke, Professor of Chinese Business and Management, University of Sydney Business School.
- Professor Andrew Terry, Professor of Business Regulation and Chair, Discipline of Business Law, University of Sydney Business School.
- Mr Adam Jacobs (BA/BCom '07) Managing Director and Co-Founder, The Iconic.
- Ms Cassandra Kelly (BEc '96) Joint CEO, Pottinger.
- Ms Julie McKay (EMBA '11) Executive Director, Australian National Committee for UN Women.
- Ms Louise Walsh (BEc '88 LLB '90) Chief Executive Officer, Philanthropy Australia.
- Mr Brian Bissaker (BEc '83), CEO, Virgin Money.
- Ms Joycelyn Morton (BEc '80), Non-Executive Director - Noni B, Thorn Group, Argo, Snowy Hydro Ltd, Count Financial, Crane Group Ltd.
- Ms Swati Dave, Executive General Manager, Specialised Finance - Product & Markets, National Australia Bank.
- Mr Corey Payne (BCom '07, MCom student), Chairman, Future Direction Network.
- Ms Arahni Sont (BEc '79), Consultant in Marketing and Fundraising, Board Member, Arts Access Australia, Executive Committee Member, Business Alumni Network, University of Sydney.
- Three editions of the Business School's alumni magazine, Sydney Business Connect, were distributed to - 37,500 alumni worldwide.
- Alumni events were held in Sydney, Beijing, Shanghai, Jakarta, London, Guangzhou and Hong Kong.