Economics and Business Alumni Magazine - December 2008
The summer season is here and so is our fifth edition of E&B Connect!
Click on the front cover of the latest E&B Connect (to the right) to download the magazine.
The topics covered in this quarter's edition:
- A Joint Dean's message - Professor Peter Wolnizer's Faculty Update and a message from former Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Graduate School of Business, Emeritus Professor Murray Wells
- Understanding Risky Business - the new field of behavioural strategy
- 'In the present moment' - profile of alumna Ms Sheryle Moon (BEc '75, DipEd '76)
- Exceed with EXEC ED - a joint residential program with The Kellogg School of Management in response to the current economic climate
- Making beautiful music together - the Faculty's support of Conservatorium musicians
- Global Alliance - the Faculty's membership of a strategic alliance of leading business schools and multinational companies: the Community of European Management Schools (CEMS)
- BlackBerrys FRIEND or FOE? - a profile of Dr Kristine Dery's research into the use of the BlackBerry and how this latest technology is blurring the lines between our work and personal lives
- Fun & Games - a wash up of our Faculty Olympic Athletes experiences in the Beijing 2008 Olympics
- Applauding achievements - alumni and staff honoured in the 2008 Queen's Birthday Honours
- Alumni events - a review of some recent alumni events and information about the Faculty's Entrepreneurship & Innovation Symposium in April 2009
If you have not received your latest copy of E&B Connect which is sent out each quarter with your Sydney Alumni Magazine, please contact me to ensure that we have your current contact details one file.
We've now been publishing the magazine for a year and as we move into planning for our 2009 editions we would very much welcome your feedback on the magazine including ideas that you may have for features.
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful year ahead!
Alumni Relations Manager