Economics and Business Alumni Magazine - December 2009
Welcome to the summer 2009 edition of E&B Connect (Issue 9) - click on the front cover (to the right) to download this magazine.
Topics covered in this quarter's edition are:
- Vice-Chancellor and Principal's Message - Dr Michael Spence updates alumni that Professor Peter Wolnizer will be staying on as Dean during the current strategic planning process that is underway for The University of Sydney.
- Dean's Message - Professor Peter Wolnizer takes the opportunity to send a seasonal message to alumni.
- From here to maternity - Associate Professor Marian Baird discusses the challenges of parental leave for employees and employers in Australia.
- Excellent Company - profile of alumna, Belinda Hutchinson (BEc '76), one of Australia's most influential female directors.
- Cents and sensitivity - Associate Professor John Shields (PhD '90) discusses the latest research on the contentious issue of executive pay.
- School of Thought - E&B Connect asked a number our alumni a variety of questions about 2009 and their thoughts for the year ahead.
- Economics access - overview of the Faculty's annual alumni dinner with key note speaker Chris Richardson (BEc Hons '83), Director of leading Australian economics consulting firm, Access Economics.
- Business intelligence - news and updates from alumni and from across the Faculty.
If you have not received your latest copy of E&B Connect which is sent out each quarter with your Sydney Alumni Magazine, please contact me to ensure that we have your current contact details on file.
Please send us through any feedback or thoughts for future editions of E&B Connect. The magazine is for you, our alumni, and we would like to build the content around issues and updates that you would like to hear more about.
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2010!
Alumni Relations Manager