Economics and Business Alumni Magazine - September 2009
Welcome to the spring 2009 edition of E&B Connect - click on the front cover (to the right) to download this magazine.
Topics covered in this quarter's edition are:
- Dean's Message - Professor Peter Wolnizer, Dean for over 11 years, announces that he will be stepping down and returning to teaching and research full time from 2010.
- Challenges facing the Australian economy in 2010 - Associate Professor Russell Ross, Chair of the Discipline of Economics asks 'What's next for our economy?'
- The Adventure Business - profile of alumnus, James Castrission (BCom '04) who with Justin Jones conquered the Tasman in a kayak in 2008.
- To declare or not to declare - Professor Alex Frino discusses continuous disclosure.
- A masterclass in practical leadership - introducing First, the University's new Global Executive MBA.
- Charting our history - book review of the new publication on the History of the Faculty of Economics 1920-1999 by Emeritus Professor Peter Groenewegen.
- Business Intelligence - news from across the Faculty.
- Events - information about our Annual Alumni Dinner for 2009 and upcoming events
If you have not received your latest copy of E&B Connect which is sent out each quarter with your Sydney Alumni Magazine, please contact me to ensure that we have your current contact details on file.
Please send us through any feedback or thoughts for future editions of E&B Connect. The magazine is for you, our alumni, and we would like to build the content around issues and updates that you would like to hear more about.
I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Alumni Relations Manager