The members of the Discipline of Business Analytics (BA) have a range of research interests across the fields of Analytics: including Statistics, Econometrics, Financial Econometrics, Financial time series, Operations Research and Operations Management. Staff members in BA regularly publish in leading international journals in these fields. The quantitative skills of the group are applied to business problems in the Operations, Finance and Marketing areas, as well as issues arising in Economics.
This research requires a rigorous approach to model formulation and estimation as well as the skills to analyse these models. The BA group has the ability to carry out strategic and well-focused analyses of real-world problems across discipline boundaries.
There are particular research strengths in:
- Applied econometrics (Andrey Vasnev, Laurent Pauwels)
- Electricity markets (Eddie Anderson)
- Financial econometrics, Quantitative risk management, time series and Bayesian methods (Artem Prokhorov, Richard Gerlach, Boris Choy)
- Forecasting, Sensitivity Analysis (Andrey Vasnev)
- Micro-econometrics, Multivariate statistical methods (Artem Prokhorov)
- Panel data methods and models (Artem Prokhorov, Laurent Pauwels)
- Scheduling problems (Daniel Oron)
- Stochastic non-life insurance and actuarial problems (Boris Choy)
- Supply Chains (Eddie Anderson, Erick Li, Dmytro Matsypura)
- Testing and modelling structural change (Laurent Pauwels)
- Time Series and forecasting (Richard Gerlach)
The BA group welcomes approaches from potential PhD students with an interest in one of these areas.