The members of the Discipline of Business Analytics (BA) have a range of research interests across the fields of Analytics: including Statistics, Econometrics, Financial Econometrics, Financial time series, Operations Research and Operations Management. Staff members in BA regularly publish in leading international journals in these fields. The quantitative skills of the group are applied to business problems in the Operations, Finance and Marketing areas, as well as issues arising in Economics.
This research requires a rigorous approach to model formulation and estimation as well as the skills to analyse these models. The BA group has the ability to carry out strategic and well-focused analyses of real-world problems across discipline boundaries.
There are particular research strengths in:
- Supply Chains (Eddie Anderson, Erick Li, Dmytro Matsypura)
- Electricity markets (Eddie Anderson)
- Scheduling problems (Daniel Oron)
- Financial econometrics, time series and Bayesian methods (Richard Gerlach, Boris Choy)
- Time Series and forecasting (Richard Gerlach)
- Panel data models (Laurent Pauwels)
- Applied econometrics (Andrey Vasnev)
The BA group welcomes approaches from potential PhD students with an interest in one of these areas.