Ever wondered what it means to be an entrepreneur? Meet Naomi Simson - Chief Experience Officer at RedBallon
16th May 2013 1:00pm-2:00pm
Naomi Simson was the 2011 National Industry category Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year winner.On behalf of the Ernst & Young, we would like to invite you to hear Naomi Simson talk about her career journey to date and her future aspirations. After a corporate career working for companies such as IBM, KPMG, Apple Computer Australia and Ansett Australia, Naomi Simson wanted to create a business that gave her the flexibility to spend more time with her family. In 2000, inspired by the dot com boom, she invented a revolutionary business using the emerging technology of the internet.
RedBalloon was completely new: an online gifting service aggregating over 1,500 unique experiences massage, sailing, chocolate tours and skydiving across Australia. For the public, RedBalloon offered gift vouchers; for organisations it put together reward and recognition solutions, corporate gifts and sales incentives to help keep employees and customers motivated, rewarded and engaged.
Date: Thursday, 16 May 2013
Time: 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Location: New Law Building, University of Sydney
Feeling inspired and have a big idea of your own? Then tell us all about it. If you think you've got what it takes to Survive the Panel then enter now!
How to enter
Go to facebook.com/eycareers and click on the Survive the Panel app. Simply bring your idea to life on our 'napkin' entry form using any visual means you like. Then impress us in 100 words or less about what your big idea is all about to secure your opportunity to survive the panel.
How it works
- All entries will be carefully reviewed by our judges.
- A shortlist of 20 entries will be selected by 7 June 2013 and the entrants will be invited to complete a business case proposal by 21 June 2013.
- The top four entries will be selected by 28 June 2013 and invited to attend the live event to be held at the University of Sydney on 7 August. The four finalists will pitch to the panel for a chance to be one of three grand finale winners and receive $2,500 each.
- The three grand finale winners will then be given 12 weeks to develop and refine their business plans and present their progress at the grand finale event to be held on 31 October 2013 at the Ernst & Young Sydney office.
- The best pitch of the night will win an additional $5,000.