The French Embassy Internship Program
The University of Sydney Business School has recently begun a new initiative to provide internship opportunities in Australia and France.
The aims of this initiative are:
- Increase Australian student mobility to France.
- Provide an opportunity to discover the French socio-economical environment.
- Develop linguistic skills.
- Motivate further studies of French as a build up of language skills acquired whilst in France.
- Afford French companies in Australia an opportunity to spotlight prospective employees.
- Create a pool of future Australian managers with practical knowledge of France.
- Applicant must be a current student of either the University of Sydney Business School
- Applicant must be a senior student (i.e. either an undergraduate who has completed at least 96 credit points or a postgraduate student who has completed at least 48 credit points).
- Applicant must be a local student (Australian citizen or resident).
- Applicant must have completed either HSC extension and/or continuous French or have completed the equivalent of 12 credit points of 1st year French here at the University of Sydney.
- Where there is high demand for individual internships, the weighted average mark of applicants will also be considered.
Features of the French Internship Program:
- These internships are paid positions (via scholarships of $10-$15,000 for 6 months and $20-$30,000 for 12 months).
- Duration of either 6 months or 12 months (in both cases the first half of the internship is to take place in Australia and the second half in France).
- Internships to commence and run in line with our academic calendar, allowing students to defer their studies for the minimum time required to complete the internship.
- Recognition as extracurricular activities on your University of Sydney degree.
- Generous support from the Business School and the French Embassy.
- Up to $2500 travel grant from the Business School towards return airfare to France.
- Medical cover for the internship period in France.
- Up to $2000 grant for French intensive language studies if required.
- Student visa provided at no cost from the French Embassy.
How to Apply
Please fill out an expression of interest form. When an appropriate internship is offered, relevant students will be invited to apply.
For more information please contact Jen Chambers from the Careers and Employer Relations Office.